From: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io> On Behalf Of Dave Barach via
Lists.Fd.Io
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 8:40 AM
To: vpp-dev <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>
Cc: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Subject: [vpp-dev] Change interface default MTU to 1500

Folks,

I'm considering changing the default interface MTU to 1500, from the current
value of 9000:

ethernet_register_interface (...)

{

  <snip>

  /* Standard default ethernet MTU. */

  vnet_sw_interface_set_mtu (vnm, hi->sw_if_index, 9000);

  <snip>

}

I've pinged some folks, and nobody remembers why we're setting the default MTU
to 9000.

Thanks... Dave