Hi Ole,

Thanks for explaining!
I'm sorry if what I wrote before was wrong or confusing.

> Checking counters values in the stats segment has _no_ impact on VPP.
> VPP writes those counters regardless of reader frequency.

That's great!

Just to be clear, to make sure I understand what this means, if we do
the following in python:

from vpp_papi.vpp_stats import VPPStats
stat = VPPStats("/run/vpp/stats.sock")
dir = stat.ls(['^/nat44/total-users'])
counters = stat.dump(dir)
list_of_counters=counters.get('/nat44/total-users')

(followed by a loop in python to sum up the counter values from
different vpp threads) then what we are doing is that we are checking
counters values in the stats segment, so there should be no impact on
VPP?

Best regards,
Elias