Thanks Dave and Damjan for quick inputs.
This helps in understanding the memory mgmt in vpp.

Inline to your questions.
1. Can you capture "show memory main-heapsh” before and after?
We are currently in fdio.1810 and i am not seeing this option.

2. One more quick question.
With this model of memory mgmt, the traditional linux tools like pmap/smap will
not give a clear view of exact memory usage and if any leaks are there.
I have tried memory-trace on feature along with "show memory verbose"

However, I am not able to map a particular allocation to a particular
deallocation to see if a memory leak is present or not.
"show memory verbose" It captures only the program counter of
allocation/deallocations, but not the pointer at which the allocation
/deallocation happened.
Due to this, I am not able to find if there is a leak.

Is there any trick to map allocation/deallocations one-on-one to find leaks
from "show memory" output.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Murthy