We've also seen good numbers from these boxes; however, we have had issues with
connecting them back-to-back (they don't work that way the interfaces flap),
they seem to work when connected through a *non-marvel* based switch. IOW
there's something weird going on with the marvel chip talking to itself (or the
parts they use).

Then we experienced problems with the HW encryption offload, getting into
non-recoverable failures. This could be sw bugs either in DPDK or in the
marvell mvsam support code, or perhaps in the HW, who knows.

Not seeing any recent development and being unable to get support from anyone
for the boxes caused us to stop using them. It's a shame the performance was
fantastic with the encryption HW so it was a hard choice to make.

If you have time to debug these issues then they might be good HW, otherwise ...

Thanks,
Chris.