Hi everyone!

Thank you for the tips

The VF is created with the Trust On and spoofcheck disabled during the
instance creation.

vf 18 MAC fa:16:3e:92:30:f1, spoof checking off, link-state auto, trust on

I had a change to test this a bit more. It looks like the issue is
specifically with passing tagged traffic between the TOR and VPP.

I've added the VLAN101 on the TOR and the following on the VPP side.

set interface state VirtualFunctionEthernet0/5/0 up
create sub-interfaces VirtualFunctionEthernet0/5/0 101
set interface state VirtualFunctionEthernet0/5/0.101 up
set interface ip address VirtualFunctionEthernet0/5/0.101 100.100.101.2/24

vpp# show int address
VirtualFunctionEthernet0/5/0 (up):
VirtualFunctionEthernet0/5/0.101 (up):
  L3 100.100.101.2/24
local0 (dn):

But now, if I look at the packets in error.

vpp# show error
   Count                    Node                  Reason
         5               dpdk-input               no error
       451              arp-disabled              ARP Disabled on this
interface

Is there a way to "enable" ARP on the l3 interface?