Hello,

I am very new to VPP and I am having trouble pinging the vpp interface. I have
a system with ip address 10.1.1.10 set up using a VPP interface, and I have
another system with ip address 10.1.1.11 setup with no VPP. Both systems are
connected though a switch.

If I do not use VPP I am able to ping each other, but when I use VPP to
configure one of the IPs I am unable to ping.

I know this might be a very basic setup issue. Could someone please point me in
the right direction. I have read through
https://wiki.fd.io/view/VPP/How_To_Connect_A_PCI_Interface_To_VPP

== on system A ==
$ sudo vppctl show interface address
bnxt0 (dn):
bnxt1 (dn):
bnxt2 (dn):
bnxt3 (up):
  L3 10.1.1.10/24
local0 (dn):

$ sudo vppctl show interface
              Name               Idx    State  MTU (L3/IP4/IP6/MPLS)
Counter          Count
bnxt0                             1     down         9000/0/0/0
bnxt1                             2     down         9000/0/0/0
bnxt2                             3     down         9000/0/0/0
bnxt3                             4      up          9000/0/0/0     rx packets
                 498
                                                                    rx bytes
               74839
                                                                    drops
                 498
                                                                    ip4
                 112
                                                                    ip6
                 188
local0                            0     down          0/0/0/0

== on system B ==
$ ifconfig enp2s0f2np0
enp2s0f2np0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        inet 10.1.1.11  netmask 255.0.0.0  broadcast 10.255.255.255
        ether b0:26:28:82:09:ce  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 250  bytes 59677 (59.6 KB)
        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 103  bytes 15583 (15.5 KB)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

medium. Thank you.