Hi Ivan,

Thanks for the detailed report!

I assume this is a situation where most of the connections time out and the
rate limiting we apply on the pending timer queue delays handling for long
enough to be in a situation like the one you described. Here’s a draft patch
that starts tracking pending timers [1]. Let me know if it solves the first
problem.

Regarding the second, it looks like the first chunk in the fifo is not properly
initialized/corrupted. It’s hard to tell what leads to that given that I
haven’t seen this sort of issues even with larger number of connections. You
could maybe try calling svm_fifo_is_sane() in the enqueue/dequeue functions, or
after the proxy allocates/shares the fifos to catch the issue as early as
possible.

[1] https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/vpp/+/27952