Hi,

I have implemented a shaper as a poll node in VPP. worker.
The implementation is such that the shaper needs to send packets out
which are sitting/scheduled in a timer wheel with microsecond
granularity slots.
The shaper must invoke at a precise regular interval, say every 250
microseconds where it will rotate the wheel and if any timers expire
then send packets out corresponding to those timers.

Everything works well, till the various other nodes start getting
loaded and disturb the invocation of  the shaper poll node at precise
intervals. This leads to multiple slots expiring from the timer wheel
at times leading to sending out of uneven amount of data depending on
how many slots expire in the wheel.

Given the nature of while(1) loop operating in the worker and the
graph scheduling present there, is there any way I can have my poll
node invoke at high precision time boundary as an exception out of the
main loop, do the job there and go back to what the worker loop was
doing.

Regards
-Prashant