From: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io> On Behalf Of Christian Hopps
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2020 1:10 PM
To: vpp-dev <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>
Cc: Christian Hopps <cho...@chopps.org>
Subject: [vpp-dev] debugging corrupted frame arguments

I have a very intermittent memory corruption occurring in the buffer indices
passed in a nodes frame (encryption node).

Basically one of the indices is clearly not a vadlid buffer index, and this is
leading to a SIGSEGV when the code attempts to use the buffer.

I see that vlib_frame_ts are allocated from the main heap, so I'm wondering is
there any heap/alloc debugging I can enable to help figure out what is
corrupting this vlib_frame_t?

FWIW what seems weird is that I am validating the indices in
vlib_put_frame_to_node() (I changed the validation code to actually resolve the
buffer index), so apparently the vector is being corrupted between the node
that creates and puts the vlib_frame_t, and the pending node being dispatched.
The heap appears to be per CPU as well, this all makes things odd since the
pending node should be running immediately after the node that put the valid
frame there. So it's hard to imagine what could be corrupting this memory in
between the put and the dispatch.

Thanks,
Chris.