[Edited Message Follows]

Hello all, Thank you for your inputs.

Let me elaborate my use case. I currently have DPDK router pipeline where
DPDK-APP-A controls intel NICs through DPDK drivers. DPDK-APP-A is also
responsible for routing between multiple physical interfaces(NICs). DPDK-APP-B
is a packet inspection application which does not have(need) control over NICs
and hence receives packets from DPDK rte_ring(s).
Current working ----> After rx on NICs, DPDK-APP-A sends packets(after
processing for defrag, conntrack) to DPDK-APP-B through rte_ring and waits for
packets on rte_ring (DPDK-APP-B should send them back after inspection). Once
packets are received through rte_ring then DPDK-APP-A sends them out through
one of the chosen NICs (according to destination address). This operation is
inline i.e. if APP-B wants to drop some packets, it can, so that packets won't
traverse further through APP-A.

APP-B does not listen/wait on any particular address since it needs to inspect
all the traffic.
Now I want to replace DPDK-APP-A with VPP(DPDK) and need a mechanism with
inline support to send packets to APP-B for inspection. VPP standalone is
working perfectly with my NAT, static routing etc requirements.

I have explored VPP-plugins a bit but APP-B won't fit as plugin (.so) for some
internal reasons. Hence I started looking into memif (shared memory packet
interfaces)

Hope this clears my requirement.