Hi Christian,

I am CC'ing csit-dev but here are some elements.

AFAIK, CSIT results are not trustworthy for Mellanox NIC yet unfortunately:
T-Rex suffers from "stretch duration" when using Mellanox NIC to inject traffic.
Here is my understanding of what this means: when asked to send at X packets in
Y seconds (hence at a rate of X/Y pps), T-Rex effectively takes Y + Z seconds.
CSIT figures are based on the programmed rate (X/Y) and not the real rate
In a nutshell: we are not really sure where we're at with Mellanox card in CSIT.

Your figures look similar to what I get on my setup (~20Mpps bi-directional for
IPv4 forwarding).

Best
ben