That would probably cause the check to pass, but that route will cause VPP to
ARP for the loopback address out of <iface> so the peer would also need to
enable proxy ARP.
However, If a-priori knowledge of what is connecting to what is allowed in the
workaround, then add a static ARP entry on the peer.

/neale