Hi Vijay,

From: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>
Date: Thursday, 5 November 2020 at 16:54
To: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>
Subject: [vpp-dev] Facing issue in IPSEC data traffic after SA is setup
successfully
Hi,

I have set up IPSEC SA successfully b/w the Strongswan (initiator) and the VPP
IPSec (responder).

After SA is established, at VPP I am seeing a new virtual interface "ipip0"
being created.

The fd.io<http://fd.io> wiki page says we need to add a route to the initiator
network and bind this virtual interface to the physical interface in order to
send out the packet. When I do the below, the VPP process crashes (version and
route commands pasted below)

Does anyone know this issue? Any suggestions about how to get the data traffic
running successfully

vpp# show version
vpp v21.01-rc0~324-g62877029a built by root on ubuntu-10-37-3-75 at
2020-10-30T11:10:45
before executing these commands please collect:
  sh ip fib 10.75.1.20/32
  sh ipip tunnel 0

vpp#  set interface state ipip0 up
vpp#  ip route add 10.75.1.20/32<http://10.75.1.20/32> via ipip0
vpp#  set interface unnumbered ipip0 use GigabitEthernetb/0/0

and from the crash please collect the backtrace.

/neale

Regards,
Vijay