rx-miss typically means that you are not pulling packets out of queue fast
enough, as probably your CPU is too busy with processing packets.
modifying queue size will not help you with constant traffic rate, it may help
only with bursty traffic and in cases when VPP is de-scheduled by kernel.

—
Damjan