> I also have another question related to load estimation: we are using
> VPP for NAT44 and we are seeing a significant number (like 1000 per
> second) of congestion drops
[...]
> Are there some other statistics we could use
> to understand if that is the case, or better ways to investigate this
> kind of problem?

You can use 'show run max' to display the per-node stats (including vector
size) *when the node took the most cycles to complete*. This will not
necessarily gives you the max vector size, but it should be close.
There seem to also be stats around handoff like 'trace frame-queue' 'show
frame-queue trace', 'show frame-queue histogram' but I am not familiar with
those.

Best
ben