Hi Paul,

> I just wanted to take a sec., and say thank you to Damjan/Ben for fixing
> VPP-1946.  I documented an issue, and it was fixed in 2 days.  That was an
> example of a great user experience!

Thanks for the kind word, your contribution is appreciated too: testing and
filling meaningful bug reports is important.
Also, if you happen to use VPP on ARM I'd be curious to know if you see any
performance improvement from the patch: if I understand the build logic
correctly, generic ARM package for VPP is built for 128-bytes cacheline.
Prior to the patch, vlib_buffer_t uses 3 128-bytes cachelines in that scenario.
After the patch, it will use 2 128-bytes cachelines instead (we save 1
cacheline per packet).
Note that it should be limited to NAT and QoS scenarios which are accessing
this cacheline. It should not impact eg. forwarding as far as I can tell.

Best
ben