Hello ,

After a few months testing VPP, I finally intend to get it to production
environment as a CGNAT gateway, more specifically, using deterministic mode.
If system doesn't work properly, or if a crash occur I would like to be
prepared to get all information that is needed to find what is going on.

I took a look on this link:
https://fd.io/docs/vpp/master/troubleshooting/index.html and some question
came up:

*       About show error output: If I just only ping a device, I get the
following output. Does it indicate error or is it regular response:

   Count                  Node                              Reason
Severity

        65             lldp-input            lldp packets received on
disabled i   error

      1482             dpdk-input                          no error
error

         1             arp-reply                       ARP replies sent
error

      1469             arp-reply             IP4 source address not local to
sub   error

         7            arp-disabled              ARP Disabled on this
interface     error

       879             arp-input               IP4 destination address is
unset    error

         1             ip4-glean                      ARP requests sent
error

        52             ip4-input                  Multicast RPF check failed
error

        65             snap-input                 unknown oui/snap protocol
error

       390           ethernet-input                      unknown vlan
error

*       About show run: here, I believe the most important thing to pay
attention is the vector rate value. Is that right? Is there anything else to
pay special attention about?
*       About trace: as I previous said, I will deploy VPP as a CGN gateway.
In this case what nodes do I have to include when I start a trace?
*       About vpp interactive option on startup.conf - I did not get what
this option representes to vpp. Could someone clarify it please?
*       About coredump:  Is it a good practice to turn coredump on everytime
I start vpp or only if it crashes?
*       Are there any other points to observe when running VPP?

Best Regards

Marcos