Ben,

It was not intended toward you at all.  In fact, in my experience, you are
very helpful.  I was only looking to highlight cases that did not
specifically benefit me.

Would you like a different change for me to highlight?  How about
https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/vpp/+/27349? That is mine, though.

Let me share with the list, another illustrative example of the actual
point I'm trying to make. I reached out to Florin and Ben about an ASAN
crash in the debug CI job.  I am the first to admit that I know nothing
about ASAN.  Ben promptly submitted a fix, but Florin said he was in the
process of a significant refactor and asked if it could be held back until
after then.

This is yet another reason why we should not auto-delete submissions.
Period.  Most of you have a VPP dev environment setup already, so tossing
in a changeset is no big thing.  But when folks go to the wiki, follow the
steps for all the hoops that they have to jump through to get a change
submitted, and for a change to be ignored is just wrong.  If someone cares
enough about the project to go through the effort, they deserve feedback.

A while back, Ole asked on the list, if he should set up a wiki page.  I
said I was against it, because anyone can edit a wiki page.  He, however,
is one of a very small group who can actually clear the backlog.  If we
truly want to grow the community, we have to act in ways that welcome folks
to the community.  Ignoring contributions and auto-deleting them is not
welcoming in my opinion.

If one thinks that auto-delete is a valid option, then auto-submit must be
equally valid.  Both address a MAINTAINERS lack of attention.  In an
auto-delete scenario, the maintainer is rewarded for ignoring the
changeset, is an auto-submit, he is not.

To your point, I agree with you.  I don't want to touch other MAINTAINERs
areas either, that's why I've been just leaving +1's, as I said in my
original post, as my practice lately.

Dave,
Let me know how I can help.