On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 10:32:06AM -0500, Matthew Smith via lists.fd.io wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> The first problem you mentioned (packets matching a route are not sent when
> the next hop has not been resolved at the time the route is added) is
> likely fixed by this patch:
>
> e2353a7f6 linux-cp: Add delegate to adjacencies
>
> It was merged after fd77f8c00, so you would either need to cherry-pick it
> or rebase onto that commit or some more recent one on master.

Hi Matt,

I've rebased onto master as of now (2f64790c), and after fixing a merge
conflict for Neale's V2 pair create commit (6bb77dec7), it now works as
expected. So I can confirm that that patch does indeed appear to fix the
problem.

Thanks!

On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 07:28:12PM +0200, Pim van Pelt wrote:
> I can confirm that changing the default netns after startup of VPP does not
> work, and your diagnosis is correct; the listener is created at start time,
> and is not reconfigured after changing the default.

Yeah, I was initially testing by setting the default ns within vppctl - I
went looking at the code after that didn't appear to be working, and found the
listener creation in lcp_nl_init(), and not in lcp_set_default_ns().

However, until this patch is merged, there's no reason for lcp_set_default_ns
to know anything about netlink listeners, so that makes sense.

Thanks again for both of your help,

Mike.
--
Mike Beattie <m...@ethernal.org>