-----Mensagem original-----
De: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io> Em nome de Ole Troan
Enviada em: quarta-feira, 11 de agosto de 2021 18:20
Para: Marcos - Mgiga <mar...@mgiga.com.br>
Cc: vpp-dev <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>
Assunto: Re: [vpp-dev] CGNAT port assignment

Marcos,

> I’m aware that VPP NAT Plugin has a limitation of 1000 ports per inside
> users, but eventually that amount of connections is not enough.
>
> I would like to get some guidance on how to change that VPP logic When
> assigning ports to users when working with deterministic nat, so users can
> get at least 1000 ports per protocol ( 1000 per TCP, 1000 per UDP, 1000 per
> ICMP), of course respecting the size of the public pool.
>
> Have someone ever thought of that? Could someone give me some start point ?
>
> I’ve spend some time looking into NAT plugin files, but there is a large
> amount of types and functions so I decided to come here to see if anybody has
> went throught this before.

I presume you are talking about the deterministic NAT module.
That one pre-allocates the session table and reserves 1000 slots per user.
The deterministic NAT uses endpoint dependent mapping so number of sessions per
user is somewhat independent of numbers of ports available.

You could try setting the define DET44_SES_PER_USER to whatever value you like.
It's a long time since I looked at deterministic NAT so no guarantees.

What's the use case?
The NAT44-ED module does not have this limit and might be a candidate too.

Best regards,
Ole