+1...

From: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io> On Behalf Of Mohammed Hawari
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2021 8:46 AM
To: Dave Barach <v...@barachs.net>
Cc: Satya Murthy <satyamurthy1...@gmail.com>; vpp-dev <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] vlib_get_plugin_symbol returning null after upgrading to
21.06 version

Hi,

Please note that starting with v21.01, plugin symbols are hidden by default and
can’t be used from another plugin (or any other linked object). You need to add
the __clib_export attribute to the symbols you want to expose to other plugins.
For example, in the dns plugin, the dns_resolve_name function is marked with
__clib_export, in file plugins/dns/dns.c:

__clib_export int
dns_resolve_name (u8 *name, dns_cache_entry_t **ep, dns_pending_request_t *t0,
                  dns_resolve_name_t *rn)
{

This enables its use by the ikev2 plugin. In file plugins/ikev2/ikev2.c you
have

km->dns_resolve_name =
    vlib_get_plugin_symbol ("dns_plugin.so", "dns_resolve_name”);

Best regards,

Mohammed

On 29 Sep 2021, at 12:59, Dave Barach <v...@barachs.net