Well, I can dump my opinion regarding this.  we can disable memif plugin
and  same feature can be achieved using dpdk EAL option.  For details
please refer bellow link.

https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/nics/memif.html

This required small patch by adding a new statrup.conf section under
dpdk { --vdev=net_memif0,
net_memif1, … } , to handle this we need to translate this in dpdk plugin
to inject EAL in rte_eal_init.