Hi,

Make sure that nginx and vpp are on the same numa, in case you run on a
multi-socket host. Check that with lscpu and “show hardware verbose”. Also make
sure that nginx and vpp's cpus don’t overlap, i.e., run nginx with taskset.

Regarding the details of your change, normally we recommend not to use workers
on core 0, so not entirely sure what happens there.