Hi Damjan,

The snort plugin could be simple. But I am not familiar with VPP
memory/buffer management as such and I am finding it not so easy to
navigate.
And looking at the physmem.c/h code, it appears the VPP uses heap memory
(mmap) and has its own heap/buffer management system. Could you clarify?
And in the snort plugin exposes/shares the mmap memory region to the
external program (snort). Is there any documentation that provides an
overview of VPP buffer management and how VPP memory/buffers can be shared
with external trusted applications?

Thank you

- PK Das