Hi All,

I am a new user of VPP. When I was studying VxLAN tunnel support in VPP, I
found out for each VxLAN tunnel creation, VNI id is required. It means I cannot
create a VxLAN tunnel with Src IP and Dest IP only. I have to create a tunnel
for each given VNI even tunnel src IP and dest IP don't change. If VNI number
is a very few, it is okay. But if there are tons of VNI I want to deal with, it
will be a scaling issue for tunnel maintenance. For example, I have 16K VNIs
across a same tunnel(same src IP and same dest IP), so I have to call VxLAN
tunnel creation API for 16000 times and create 16000 tunnel entries. The
potential issues of this solution are: 1 unnecessary memory usage for huge
number of tunnel entries which have almost same info except VNI. 2: complexity
of tunnel management with such big number of tunnels.

I want to check if there is any simple way to deal such case? Some HW switch
vendors allow user to create a single VxLAN tunnel with src IP and dest IP only
and then user can extend VNI(s) they want to serve to that tunnel, With this
approach, I only need to create one tunnel. So I am wondering is this possible
with VPP or some similar method exists?

Thanks!

-Gefan