Hi,

Before I answer can you please elaborate on what you mean by ‘stacked on’. Can
you please give the config example.

/neale

From: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io> on behalf of
haiyan...@ilinkall.cn via lists.fd.io <haiyan.li=ilinkall...@lists.fd.io>
Date: Monday, 25 July 2022 at 11:12
To: vpp-dev <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>
Subject: [vpp-dev] questions about fib
Hello  vpps

1. first we add a default route using api like this:
ip route add 0.0.0.0/0 via 10.121.20.1 weight 1 preference 20

2.  than add some other routes which will stacked on default route above

3. add another defalut route using api with same weight value but higher
priority (lower preference value) like this:
 ip route add 0.0.0.0/0 via 10.120.0.253 weight 1 preference 0

my question is: when the third step completed, does routes added by step 2 will
stacked on the new default routes added by step 3?

actually the default route added by step 3 is correct.

 I think step 3 route is higher priority than step 1, when it's added, it will
back forward to all its children, am i right ? or did i miss something ?

Thanks very much .