Hi Fan,

There was a VPP Community meeting this Tuesday at the new time (5am PST) that was lightly attended.

Thanks,
-daw-

On 1/12/2023 4:42 AM, Zhang, Fan wrote:
I agree.

It is worth discussing in VPP community call if VPP should access the DPDK internal APIs - it surely leaves us more flexibility with the price of possible more maintenance effort.

- BTW was there a meeting on this Tuesday? I joined 4 minutes late but nobody was there.

Apart from that I believe the patch is in relatively good shape, surely lacked testing though.

As of continuous build/sanity between VPP and DPDK main branch - the way DPDK function/perf testing the patches now are RC-based, there are build tests carried out per-patch based, and there is a crypto unit test running nightly with only SW crypto PMDs (@Kai is it still running?).

If VPP does the sanity check against DPDK main branch - I personally believe VPP may catch some potential DPDK bugs earlier than DPDK validation team.

Hence I believe it is a very good idea as a cooperation between two projects. This in my opinion also means we need DPDK tech board members attending regular meeting with us in case some problems have been catched early.

Regards,

Fan