From: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io> On Behalf Of Olivia Dunham
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2021 8:58 PM
To: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Subject: [E] COMMERCIAL BULK: [vpp-dev] TLS app stuck after burst of traffic
#vpp-hoststack

Email is from a Free Mail Service (Gmail/Yahoo/Hotmail….) : Beware of Phishing
Scams, Report questionable emails to s...@mavenir.com<mailto:s...@mavenir.com>
During sudden burst of traffic, the TCP fifo gets full. When this happens the
openssl TLS app de-schedules the transport. But once the TCP data is sent out,
the TLS is not resuming. VPP ends up in a state where TCP fifo is empty, but
the TLS fifo is full and no more Tx happens on TLS fifo.

VPP version: 21.01

We came across this commit - session tls: deq notifications for custom
tx<https://github.com/FDio/vpp/commit/1e6a0f64653c8142fa7032aba127ab4894bafc3c>
Not sure what is the issue fixed by this commit, but It doesn't seem to fix the
above mentioned issue.
________________________________
This e-mail message may contain confidential or proprietary information of
Mavenir Systems, Inc. or its affiliates and is intended solely for the use of
the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this
message, you are hereby notified that any review, use or distribution of this
information is absolutely prohibited and we request that you delete all copies
in your control and contact us by e-mailing to secur...@mavenir.com. This
message contains the views of its author and may not necessarily reflect the
views of Mavenir Systems, Inc. or its affiliates, who employ systems to monitor
email messages, but make no representation that such messages are authorized,
secure, uncompromised, or free from computer viruses, malware, or other
defects. Thank You