Be careful.  You're only comparing the upfront sticker price.  If you can double or
triple the capacity of your mailserver (I'll bet you can) and minimize the complexity
of the solution (openmosix + vserver integration + multiple boxes (multiple points of
failure) sounds very complex to me), I'll bet you find the TCO of the solution flip
flop with SCSI being much lower than IDE.

A parallel example: I recently consulted with a fellow who was trying to run a 25,000
box mailserver on a series of aggregated DSL lines.  It was easy work to show him that
the TCO for a burstable T3 line was much lower than that of multiple DSL lines, even
though the sticker price indicated the opposite.

Matthew Nuzum           | Makers of âElite Content Management Systemâ
www.followers.net               | View samples of Elite CMS in action
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       | http://www.followers.net/portfolio/