On Tue, 23 November 2004 23:29:25 +0100, Herbert Poetzl wrote:

> yep, but taking care that overbooking doesn't
> happen can be done in userspace, literally ...
>
> so a 'minimum' of available resources can be
> guaranteeed only if you limit all other contexts
> to 1.0 - Sum[max], which in turn, is sufficient
>
> unless you have 'better' suggestions to solve
> this ...

Not really, at least not in a working condition.  Hubertus Franke
presented what looked like a working solution on last Linuxtag:
http://ckrm.sourceforge.net/

Development happened with large database customers in mind.  The linux
solution was compared to zOS, among others.  Tells you a lot. ;)

Jörn

--
To recognize individual spam features you have to try to get into the
mind of the spammer, and frankly I want to spend as little time inside