[EMAIL PROTECTED] ("Kilian Krause") writes:

>> > Hrmpf.  Then can we just not delete it in make clean?
>>
>> I will think about this; but I still do not understand the problem
>> there.
>
> very easy to tell. You're talking about "what configure builds, make
> clean purges" yet you're rolling the release tarball with a *.spec
> already. Thus it's not configure building it, but autogen.sh at dist
> stage. So the make clean shouldn't purge it, but going back into
> mrproper mode should.

Sorry, I am out of sync now... util-vserver has neither an 'autogen.sh'
script nor a 'mrproper' make-target.

The clearify things:

* 'util-vserver.spec' is *not* removed by 'make clean'
* 'util-vserver.spec' *is* removed by 'make distclean'; this clean rule
  is generated automatically by automake

* 'util-vserver.spec' *is* generated by './configure', './config.status'
  and (at least) 'make dist'
* 'util-vserver.spec' is *not* generated by automake, autoconf, aclocal,
  autoheader or libtoolize

And I still do not see the problem: it is common practice to build a
'.spec' file from a '.spec.in' file and to ship it in the tarball.
E.g. most Gnome packages have the behavior above; how is Debian
packaging done there?

Enrico