Hi Herbert, All

hmm, good to know, but I would like to get a feeling for
the general interest in shared quota first, as for sure
it's no easy patch to do and to test ...

and it seemed to me, that the need for it faded because
lvm2/evms and dm as well as the cheap disk space provided a more than adequate solution to avoid shared quota and and get away with shared disk limits ...

I would like to comment on this, my issue is not control of the size of a virtual machine but the control and monitoring of limits with in a context. LVM allocates a set amount of space meaning that I waste a huge amount per vserver. (I have not used EVMS but I assume it has the same basic ideas)

so please let me know what you think about it now and
looking at the next year ...

(please check what appropriate, mupltiple choice)

[X] Yes, I will require shared user/group quota inside a vserver (i.e. guest private quota
for guests on a shared disk partition)

 [ ] I might use it, when it is available but I can
     live without it (e.g. using lvm/evms for that)

 [ ] I don't know what you are talking about and I'm
     pretty sure shared disk limits is all I need
     (i.e. limit the total amount of disk space for
     guests on a shared partition)

 [ ] I do use the quota patch on 2.4 for shared
     user/group quotas right now ...