Herbert Poetzl a écrit :
On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 10:27:07AM +0200, alexx wrote:
All VServer are on it's own LVM partition in ReiserFS.
each partition is snapshoted a multiple of time.

Last days modification is the add of a cron script to make new snapshot each night
without delete the old (i want to keep 5 snapshots each time).
I umount old snapshot, and mount the new snapshot with :
"mount -o ro,noexec,nodev,noatime ..."

The snapshot cron is at 0:30
My backup server take data into the mounted snapshot at 1:00
And the vserver crash no longtime after.

well, I would suspect that combination of LVM, reiser and
dm snapshooting to cause unusual hight I/O traffic ...

it run fine with one snapshot on each partition since some week.

I stop this for now (just one snapshot at a time per partition).

Any other suggestion for the origin of the problem ?

check the kernel logs maybe they give some hints ...

nothing in dmesg :/

Now, i've upgrave util-vserver to 0.30.206, stopped multiple snapshot, and wait for 1:15am to see ... :/

--
Alexx