On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, Herbert Poetzl wrote:

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 11:06:56PM +0200, Arjen wrote:
Hi!

Playing around with my vservers i noticed this, i can ssh from my root
server to my vservers, but from my vservers i can't ssh to another vserver,
to the rootserver or to the 'outside'. Is this common behavior? If not any
hints on how to get around this? I can imagine it has something to do with
all network interfaces having the same macaddress on host and vservers, but
was hoping there was a workaround. For now i'm stuck with 'Host verification
failed', not handy when having port 22 on my nat-router forwarded to a
vserver.

Oh, btw, when I do it as root it works! Now I really don't get it.

sounds like an userspace/configuration issue to me ...

did you check the logs on the server side? maybe some
permissions are not as expected ... does ssh or any
shell work as user (inside the vserver)?

Nothing in the logs...

Yes, i can start f.e. sash without any problems. But i still can't ssh
out of the vserver as a normal user, only as root.

The thing is, i'm still battling this. I've got a similar problem using screen, when i start screen as a normal user it tells me:
No more PTYs.
Sorry could not find a PTY.

I can fix this for screen by making it suid, but thats not a real solution.

I've been googling for the ssh issue and found that this also could be related to not being able to allocate a tty.

Sorry for bringing this up again, but i'm getting tired of having to su to be able to ssh out of my vservers.

Any hints appreciated!
-Arjen