Hi Chuck,

1. Can I somehow set things up so a guest can execute a pre-defined command script on the host? This would allow nagios to do things like re-start a guest if it is not responding.

There are some ways to do so:
1) The "root" Server can access the filesystem of the guest, so you can use cron or similar to check for a file "inside" the guest from the side of the host, and than behave accordingly. For Example, you create a file "reboot" containing "server123" by nagios in a directory inside the guest and than have a process that collects this file from outside and do the reboot.

2) There are some helper scripts like the reboot script, but I dont how these work - might be this can do the job...

3) The standard way, using SSH or RPC or similar and do a normal network connect like you do with any other remote execution

Regarding performance impact: It does not matter if the process runs in or outside a guest...

Oliver
--
Diese Nachricht wurde digital unterschrieben
oliwel's public key: http://www.oliwel.de/oliwel.crt