<skip />

Hello all. I found an interesting project -- http://linux-vrf.sourceforge.net/

The latest linux-vrf patch is for 2.6.8. Now I'm trying to adapt this patch to
2.6.12 + vserver, and I see that some code in both vserver and linux-vrf is
written for similar tasks.

My question is to the vserver devel team: would you try to look at the
linux-vrf patch and add its functionality to vserver? Linux-vrf does the same
with network flows that vserver does with processes. So, chvrf can completely
supplement (if not supersede) chbind.

For example, two processes, chbind'ed to one ipaddr, can communicate each
other. But two processes, chvrf'ed to separate vrf domains, cannot do this
except via external network routes or VPN tunnels (even being bind()'ed to the
same ipaddr!).

--
Peter V. Saveliev