2006/1/6, Herbert Poetzl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> well, they are for linux 2.4 and the quota patches, so
> on linux 2.6 you can use them to turn quota on and off
> but that's it ...

Oh :( Could you please provide some insight wrt. what will the
following actions do (I will try them when I have some time but if you
know the answer offhand, it will be very appreciated, especially in
the multi-guest scenario - will multiple guests step on each other
toes somehow?):

1)
host# quotacheck -cmu /vservers ; quotaon /vservers
guest# edquota someuser ; quota someuser

2)
host# quotacheck -cmu /vservers ; ln /vservers/aquota.user
/vservers/guest/aquota.user
guest# quotaon / ; edquota someuser ; quota someuser

3)
guest# quotacheck -cmu / ; quotaon / ; edquota someuser ; quota someuser

> in your case, it just means that you have to set and
> maitnain the quota on the host, and let the guests
> suffer from the limitations :)

Well, it means I have to hack my way around this limitation as I need
to set quotas from within the vserver... I have already made some
progress but I need to sum up and clarify my findings.

BTW, How will the system react if I change the xid-tagging option from
UID24/GID24 to internal (I'm using ext3 exclusively)? I mean I can
chxid the files to proper values after the change but are there any
unobvious consequences? I think I'll change this setting (or turn off
tagxid altogether) as repquota -a on the host is mostly unreadable
right now.

> but let me know if you are interested in per-context
> quota for 2.6, if there is a certain demand, I will
> implement it ...

(as usually) count me in :)

Best regards,
 Grzegorz Nosek