Hello Micah,

Micah Anderson wrote:

Joel,

Please do not hijack threads, it is better to start a new thread with a
new subject. If you use an existing thread to talk about something
completely different than the thread's subject, it causes a lot of
problems with mail and news readers. Also, you cannot just change the
subject line to create a new thread.  Most news and mail readers use
other headers such as References: to track and build the thread of
messages by message ID, and changing the subject line does not change
the actual threading. Therefore, one should always compose a new (and
therefore reference-free) message when changing topics.

Ah ok (thanks for explanation, I have no detailed knowledge on e-mail client,
sorry)
I will take care next time ;-)

Joel Soete wrote:

Hello Micah,

I just read the changelog of your debian's pkg upload (util-vserver
(0.30.209-2) unstable) and btw discover:
   o it was re-enable for hppa ;-)
   o and it's build with dietlibc (now available also for this arch too)

So my question is: was it already tested on this arch?

No, it was re-enabled after a long period of being disabled, and needs
to be tested by someone with that arch. If you can test it, it would be
appreciated.

Ok I did it and unfortunately failled ;-(

On toh for my private build from upstream src (on going to build latest
0.30.210), I disabled use of dietlibc (not yet available for hppa at this
time) and all seems to works fine.

What is "toh"?
oops sorry fingers didn't any more follow my mind: I would mean otoh (on the
other hand)

I would prefer to use dietlibc if possible as it seems to
be required to handle some corner security issues.

Understood.

(But tbh I'm still ignoring what kind of pb am I supposed to encounter)

tbh?: To be honest
pb?: problem

I'm sorry, I am not able to parse your acronyms!

np ;-) (no problem)

Cool.

Thanks for your attention,
        Joel