I've modified the startup script to recreate the directories as necessary.

While we're at it, in util-vserver-vars, __PKGSTATEREVDIR is actually a link
to /var/run/vservers.rev in /etc/vservers/.defaults/run.rev. Not a big deal
though it's inconsistent with the way __PKGSTATEDIR is specified.

All the best
Philippe