Daniel Hokka Zakrisson wrote:
Roderick A. Anderson wrote:

Daniel Hokka Zakrisson wrote:

Roderick A. Anderson wrote:

While doing some clean up I was looking for remnants of a guest.

When I ran:

    # find / -name '*vs666*'

I got the following error message right away.

WARNING: Hard link count is wrong for /proc/virtnet: this may be a bug in your filesystem driver.

Since this directory has the context of guests as subdirs I was wondering if I might have caused this while _playing_ around -- creating, copying, deleting guests, etc.

No, not at all. It seems we

'We' as in Linux-Vserver or 'we' as in the person building the guests or 'we' as in the Linux/File system folks?

We as in Linux-VServer.

just don't keep track of how many directories are inside /proc/virtual
or /proc/virtnet, so the count never changes.

How would I ( can I ) go about correcting this -- besides rebooting the host or using other drastic measures?

Well, you'd first have to implement it in the kernel ;)

Ok, so for the guy that thinks of 'C' as the third letter in the alphabet, it will be a reboot to fix this instance.

Does it bother anyone else? Has anyone else ran into it? Could it mask other more dangerous problems?

Rod