Hello,

the util-vserver comes with a tool called vschedcalc to calculate the values
for the token-bucket-algorithm.

These lines are from vschedcalc:

# calculate token bucket
let interval=100*${fillrate}/${avgcpu}
let tokensmin=${hz}*${bursthold}*${fillrate}/${interval}
let tokensmax=${hz}*${maxburst}-${maxburst}*${interval}

I don't know If I understand the description right, but I think the line to
compute tokensmax is wrong.

The maxburst-time is the time the vserver can consume tokens from the initial
filling, which is tokensmax/hz plus the additional time, which the vserver
gets because of the the refilling-rate lasting for the maxburst-time, which
is (fillrate/intervall)*maxburst.

With this statement we get:

tokensmax=maxburst*hz - maxburst * (fillrate/intervall)*hz

So, please help me if I misinterpreted the things here.

--
Wilhelm Meier
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]