When trying to start a VServer I receive the following error:

bash-2.05b# vserver test start

Usage: lsmod

lockfile: open(<syncpipe>): No such file or directory

Usage: lsmod

lockfile: open(<syncpipe>): No such file or directory

save_ctxinfo: execv(): No such file or directory

An error occured while executing the vserver startup sequence; when

there are no other messages, it is very likely that the init-script

(/etc/rc.d/rc 3) failed.

Common causes are:

* /etc/rc.d/rc on Fedora Core 1 and RH9 fails always; the 'apt-rpm' build

method knows how to deal with this, but on existing installations,

appending 'true' to this file will help.

Failed to start vserver 'test'

I am running Linux 2.6.17.11-vs2.1.1-rc31 with util-vserver-0.30.210 trying to start a vserver image I downloaded off the internet(which I verified works on the build box running same kernel and util).

The box running vserver is an embedded system with limited memory+storage hence I had to compile the kernel and util on a seperate machine and then manually install the files necessary onto the machine, so it is very possible I might I missed a necessary file. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Matt Anger