Hello,

I’m new to using Vserver and have just been testing it the past few weeks.  Using CentOS 4.3 and the development sources Kernel 2.6.17.11 patches 2.1.1-rc31 and utils 0.30.210.

I’ve been trying to find information about controlling network interfaces from within a guest os.  My hope is to have several guests on two box and use linux-ha to do an active/passive setup.  For this to happen the guest running linux-ha would need to control the ip assigned to the guest.  From my testing it seems this currently cannot be done.  I found information regarding some NGNET patches but these seem to be dated Nov-2005.

I guess my questions are: is my setup possible currently with Vserver and if NGNET is required are the Nov-2005 patches the current ones that should be used?

Thanks

John