On Sat,Sep,30,2006, Corey Wright wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:57:42 +0200
> > On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 03:03:13PM +0200, Laurent Vallar - aka Val wrote:
> > > If you plan to serve NFS from a guest nfs-user-server work fine but
> > > without lock support.
> >
> > is that missing lock support an nfs-user-server issue or
> > is that some restriction of the guest which keeps it from
> > using/having proper locking?
>
> i presume it is irregardless of vserver.
>
> "There is currently no support for file locking."
> - http://packages.debian.org/unstable/net/nfs-user-server

There is another userland NFS server : unfs3.

I tried it one year ago, it works fine on a guest... but without file
locking too :(

"Unlike nfs-user-server, unfs3 is capable of handling files larger than 2GB,
 but there is currently no support for file locking."
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/net/unfs3

Best,
Val.

--
 .''`.
: :' : Laurent Vallar - aka Val - Network & System Staff Engineer