On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 10:10:38 -0500
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Mon, 9 Oct 2006 16:01:49 +0200
 Guenther Fuchs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi there,

on Monday, October 9, 2006 at 3:29:55 PM there was posted:

vhn> LOG: could not resolve "localhost": Name or service not
vhn> known

put "localhost 127.0.0.1" (or better: your guest main IP) into the file /etc/hosts in your guest - this should solve your problem.

I have adeded "localhost pup.ip.x.x" to /etc/host. it now resolves localhost but autovacuum still does not start. I have multiple vserver guest, I have all traffic that is not explicitedly allowed blocked on the loopback interface. I am using fwbuilder to manage the firewall. I am not sure which ports to allow for udp socket for stat collector.
This is the log now!
LOG: could not send test message on socket for statistics collector: Operation not permitted LOG: disabling statistics collector for lack of working socket LOG: database system was shut down at 2006-10-09 10:13:59 CDT
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/10AA648
LOG: redo record is at 0/10AA648; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction ID: 66579; next OID: 20444
LOG:  next MultiXactId: 1; next MultiXactOffset: 0
WARNING: autovacuum not started because of misconfiguration HINT: Enable options "stats_start_collector" and "stats_row_level".
LOG:  database system is ready
LOG: transaction ID wrap limit is 2147484146, limited by database "postgres"
LOG:  incomplete startup packet