On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 12:45:38AM -0400, Wenbin Zhang wrote:
> Hello Guys,
>
> I have one question here, how to make default system running on the top of
> one vserver? That is:
>
> ---------------------
>  vserver
> -------------------
>  host linux
> ----------------
>  hardware
> -------------------
>
> 1) I setup one server on the default host system.
>    (Both the host system and the verser are linux).

hopefully, otherwise it won't work, it's not a VM or
VMM, Linux-VServer is OS-Level virtualization :)

> 2) After the machine power on and boot, the whole
>    thing will be taken over by the vserver, say,
>    the GUI display, the input are controlled by
>    vserver automatically.

so you have to put the relevant stuff into the
context and provide that context with the necessary
capabilities (depends on the actual hw interfaces)

>    After boot, the user were not expected to use
>    the host linux again.

> 3) But the display/input control still can be
>    switched to the host linux in case of need.
>    After using, the control will be able to switch
>    back to vserver.

that _really_ depends on the hw and the software
used for e.g. interface and input ...

you can put services into a context quite early in
the system startup, you could even put the entire
host init process into a context from initramfs

> Any good idea to achieve this?

you might want to have a look at the MoreUbuntu
solution for multi seat linux ...

best,
Herbert