From: vss2svn-users-boun...@lists.pumacode.org
[mailto:vss2svn-users-boun...@lists.pumacode.org] On Behalf Of Toby
Johnson
Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2009 1:18 PM
To: Vss2Svn Users
Subject: Moving vss2svn to Google Code

Hello everyone,

Back when I created the PumaCode.org Trac project site, there were (IMO)
no good, easy-to-use open source hosting sites that supported
Subversion. SourceForge was the closest thing and their Subversion
support was perpetually "any day now". And I was rather less than
impressed with Tigris.org, although they may have gotten better since
then.

However, my involvement with this project has dropped off and I'm no
longer interested in maintaining the PumaCode.org site. It probably
wouldn't be as big a deal if I didn't spend so much time fighting Wiki
spam, but now I'm faced with the prospect of upgrading Trac to fight the
spam, permanently disabling anonymous access, or migrating somewhere
else.

Of these options, the last sounds like the best to me. I'm very
impressed with Google Code's offerings; they have a great, clean web
interface; and as a much larger-scale site they are better at fighting
spam than I am by myself.

So my plan at this point is to migrate to Google Code. I've set up the
initial project site here:
http://code.google.com/p/vss2svn/

Luckily, the full Subversion history of the project can be migrated
using svnsync. Unfortunately it doesn't look like there's an easy way to
migrate the Wiki pages, and no way to migrate mailing list history. I
can directly add everyone who is currently subscribed to this list to
the new mailing list.

If anyone has any opinion on this, please let me know soon as I will
complete the migration within the next week or two. Please email me
privately if you would prefer I don't add your email to the new Google
Code mailing list. I'll leave the PumaCode.org project up for the
foreseeable future, but I have already disabled anonymous wiki edits due
to a marked increase in wiki spam lately.

I honestly don't anticipate that this project will gain much activity
again unless someone new decides to take an active role in further
development, but I would still like to ensure that future users are able
to at least easily get the source code and history.

Toby

- CONFIDENTIAL-
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be
legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review,
use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error,
please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.