I've used vss2svn (0.11.0 Alpha 1 statically linked exe) to create a 4.5Gb
dumpfile. From the BUILDACTIONHIST task in the log file I can see it has
7200 revisions. But only the first 4300 load into a repository, the output
in the logfile just stops like this:
"------- Committed revision 4330 >>>

<<< Started new transaction, based on original revision 4331
     * adding path : labels/v1.000/Country Love Ceramics/Stationery
Layouts/Reports ..."

with no error messages. Have I run up against a 2Gb file size limit?

Then I tried to split the dumpfile with svndumptool (under cygwin). It gave
this error:

"$ svndumptool.py check -a vss2svn-dumpfile.txt

Checking file vss2svn-dumpfile.txt
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/svndumptool.py", line 116, in <module>
    sys.exit( func( appname, args ) )
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/svndump/tools.py", line 523, in
svndump
_check_cmdline
    if check.execute( filename ) != 0:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/svndump/tools.py", line 235, in
execute

    dump.open( dumpfilename )
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/svndump/file.py", line 265, in open
    if tag[0] != "UUID:":
IndexError: list index out of range"

looking at the beginning of the dumpfile in a hex editor it looks like this:

"VN-fs-dump-format-version: 2

Revision-number: 1
Prop-content-length: 99

K 7
svn:log
V 0

K 10
svn:author
V 5
Admin
K 8
svn:date
V 27
1994-11-21T18:59:42.000000Z
PROPS-END

Revision-number: 2
<snip...>"

There is indeed no UUID: tag, but I didn't get a "missing UUID" exception
like the svndumptool script suggests will happen.

I have had no success trying to manually insert a UUID into such a large
file.

What is happening here? I think my questions are:
1) Is the dumpfile indeed to big?
2) Do I need a UUID in the dumpfile, and if so how can I make vss2svn
generate one?
3) Alternatively can anyone suggest an efficient way of inserting a UUID
afterwards, using a windows app or cygwin?

Cheers! Loving vss2svn, I can't believe how QUICK it was to dump such a
large VSS repository, after having played with and abandoned as unworkable
other VSS API-based exports for non-SVN systems in the past. AND it exports
VSS labels, which nothing else I've ever looked at can.