Mazin Qumsiyeh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: "Mazin Qumsiyeh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 17:32:07 -0400
Subject: [HumanRights] Photos, Violations, and more

(list instructions, including unsubscription at bottom)

Photographs/notes from the last leg of the Wheels of Justice Bus Tour for
this academic year
http://www.qumsiyeh.org/wheelsofjustice2005/
(visit http://justicewheels.org for more stuff)

Israel violates ceasefire (incursions and killings continued)
and violates road map
And Continues its discrimination against non-Jewish citizens
And continues violating right to education
http://right2edu.birzeit.edu/

Yet, the US State Department changed its annual human rights report this
year dropping the statement that Israel "continues to violate human rights"
and accepting Israeli government statements as fact (ie taking the word of
the criminal while casting doubts on all independent human rights reports).
A spokesman simply said in a press conference in response to a question that
"we let the reader draw their conclusions" (funny they do not let readers
draw conclusions about other countries' violations nor accept the
perpetrator government statements as facts).

To help, go visit Palestine. There are many groups that host tours
including the International Solidarity MOvement and the Holy Land
Foundation. If you are concerned about Israel refusing to let you in, you
can contact the legal resource team (Israelis/Palestinian human rights
activists) at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

AND Sign Petitions. Here are two:
- to stop Israeli racism couched in language of "development"
http://www.petitiononline.com/ittijah1/petition.html
- for US Conscientious objector
http://www.npowebsite.net/dp/dp.asp?Mode=OnlinePetition

AND Act in any way you feel will bring peace with justice. Any venue is
possible, e.g. Al-Awda Canada Challenged Israel inclusion in Toronto fest
http://www.nowtoronto.com/issues/2005-04-28/news_story2.php

Now some news:

Abramoff Used DeLay to Fund Anti-Intifada Militia By JOSHUA FRANK
http://www.counterpunch.org/frank04272005.html

We need a post-Zionist leap of faith, Article by John Rose (author of Myths
of Zionism)
http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,1450719,00.html#article_continue

The RAND corporation issued a report on the viability of a Palestinian state
under a two state scenarion. While I disagree with their basic premises
(e.g. exclusion of the more logical/more viable one state solution), I think
this is worth reading
http://www.cmep.org/documents/documents.htm#news

United Church of Christ added to list of many other churches considering
divestment from Israel
http://www.courant.com/news/nationworld/hc-church0430.artapr30,0,1695008.story?coll=hc-headlines-nationworld

Israeli Architect in the service of Colonial Interests

Venezuelan President principled stance

Anniversary of Murders at Kent State University
http://www.aztlan.net/kentstate.htm

Mazin
http://qumsiyeh.org
http://www.one-democratic-state.org/
http://justicewheels.org
http://PalestineRemembered.com

Mailing List Instructions: This low quantity mailing list (Maximum 2-3
messages per week, usually one to two per week) is intended to advance
understanding in areas little exposed in mainstream media and foster
positive action for peace. It is easy to unsubscribe from the list by
either emailing me back (write "unsubscribe" in the subject heading) OR you
can unsubscribe yourself directly by sending a blank message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
If you know others who might be interested to join the list, please ask them
to subscribe by sending a blank message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]