I don’t see myself as a hero, I see myself as a man
I understand the hardships of occupation
The daily degradation my generation experiences everyday
It’s so easy to say that we should fight for peace
That violence should cease and we should all sleep under this great big sky
But people don’t realize the curses and cries that come with our lives
Trying to provide for our wives and family
We can’t stand to see the injustices of this society
Should we lay down quietly?
As our oppressor prepares without propriety
How many times can I protest against the crime of the apartheid wall?
How many times must I fall over the rubble that was once my home?
My wife has sown my broken heart in so many ways?
And it’s not ok
I won’t let one more day pass by and see my little girl cry
I won’t break down and die, so someone else can capitalize on our pain
How many in Israel have gained while we wait and deteriorate
My fight is not hate based, it’s the survival of this race
This place, the only parameters I’ve ever known
I’d love to leave my home and go to my job, overcome our robbed economy
The checkpoints and curfews, the dues of this anomaly
I fight against my occupiers, their desire to annex more of indigenous land
I will not stand and watch them rape who we are, so they can go far
So we can be barred from dignity, human rights, a plight of autonomy
And why? Because we’re not Israeli
We deserve daily collective punishment, the splendor of this state?
Who will wait in line and fight for us?
Who but us will seek justice?
The US, Britain, the UN, women or men that pretend to have our rights in mind?
No. It is me who will fight this time
I will be on the front line, again and again without foreign friends
Because it’s the only thing my people can depend on
Someone with a Palestinian heart, for the Palestinian cause
My occupiers have no use for the rule of law
It is our time to shine, to free our minds, and free our land
We deserve justice
This is a fact Israel must and will understand
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
April 2005

Discover Yahoo!

Yahoo! Groups Links